Jan, 30 2024
Tamil Nadu's Spicy and Tempting Dindigul Biryani Recipe
Dindigul Biryani, hailing from the vibrant state of Tamil Nadu in South India, is a culinary gem renowned for its distinctive flavours and rich history. This delectable dish takes its name from the city of Dindigul, a region known for its unique blend of spices and culinary traditions. Make special Dindigul biryani using Spyran biryani pulav masala today. Buy Spyran Biryani Pulav Masala Online in India from Spyran Retail.
At the heart of Dindigul Biryani is the aromatic seeraga samba rice, a short-grain variety that imparts a distinct texture to the dish. The rice is combined with succulent pieces of chicken, and a symphony of spices that includes star anise, cloves, and bay leaves. What sets Dindigul Biryani apart is the special spice blend, locally known as "saalna," which elevates the dish to new heights.
The culinary heritage of Dindigul Biryani can be traced back several decades, with each family and eatery adding its unique touch to the recipe. The dish has evolved to become a symbol of Tamil Nadu's rich gastronomic culture, celebrated not only for its taste but also for the sense of community and tradition it embodies. Buy Spyran Biryani Pulav Masala at a competitiveprice from Spyran Retail and get it delivered to your doorstep.
Whether enjoyed at a local eatery or prepared at home, Dindigul Biryani stands as a testament to the culinary prowess of Tamil Nadu, offering a delightful journey through the region's flavours and history. Buy Spyran Biryani Pulav Masala today.
- 2 cups seeraga samba rice
- 500g chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup cooking oil or ghee
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Spyran turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Spyran red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon Spyran Biryani Pulav Masala
- Spyran spice blend
For Spyran Spice Blend:
- 1 tablespoon Spyran cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon Spyran coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon Spyran fennel seeds
- 1 Spyran black cardamom
- 4 green Spyran cardamom pods
- 1-inch Spyran cinnamon stick
- 4-5 Spyran cloves
- 1 teaspoon Spyran black peppercorns
Spyran Spice Blend:
- Dry roast all the Spyran spices until fragrant.
- Grind into a fine powder using a spice grinder.
Marinating the Chicken:
- In a bowl, mix Chicken, yoghurt, ginger-garlic paste, half of the Spyran spice blend, and Spyran salt. Allow it to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Wash the seeraga samba rice and soak it for 30 minutes.
- Cook the rice with the remaining Spyran Biryani Pulav Masala, Spyran spice blend, Spyran salt, and enough water until it's 70% cooked.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, heat oil or ghee. Add sliced onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes, green chillies, mint leaves, and coriander leaves. Cook until the tomatoes are soft.
- In a large biryani pot, layer half-cooked rice, followed by marinated chicken and biryani gravy. Repeat the layering, finishing with a layer of rice on top.
- Seal the pot with a tight-fitting lid or dough to ensure airtight closure.
- Cook on low heat (dum) for 20-25 minutes until the rice is fully cooked and infused with flavours.
- Gently fluff the biryani with a fork, ensuring the layers mix slightly.
- Serve hot, garnished with fried onions and fresh coriander leaves.
- Enjoy the rich and aromatic flavours of Dindigul Biryani prepared with the unique Spyran spice blend!